* WARNING: This sheet does not consider the effects of geoengineering and the fact that there is no longer any natural weather due to global weather modification technology. See www.geoengineeringwatch.org
The Independent Thinker’s GLOBAL WARMING FACT SHEET
“Major” media, governments and environmental groups are pushing for global protocols to address rising CO2 levels that are said to be causing worldwide “climate change” Al Gore’s Oscar-winning film “An Inconvenient Truth” depicted a terrifying future resulting from man-made global warming. More than 30,000 scientists around the world disagree with Al Gore. Here are 10 facts you should know:
1. Global warming is attributed to rising levels of CO2 (a greenhouse gas) in the atmosphere, in turn being attributed to industry and the burning of fossil fuels. Yet greenhouse gases have always surrounded the earth. The main component of greenhouse gas today is water vapor, accounting for 65-85%.
2. CO2 is not a pollutant. It is in fact essential to life and comprises only 2% of greenhouse gas. Of the 210 billion tons of CO2 released each year from the earth into its atmosphere, humans contribute a mere 6.3 billion tons - 3% of the 2%.
3. The earth’s average atmospheric temperature has risen and fallen throughout time. It was much warmer 7000 years ago than it is today. Even 800 years ago, portions of ice-covered Greenland were fertile and being farmed by Vikings (hence its name).
4. Climate scientists and biologists concur that solar activity (e.g., solar flares) occurring between 1975 and 1998 is most likely the reason that the earth experienced a recent warming trend.
5. In the 1970s, our media was reporting a threat of global cooling and an oncoming ice age. In the 1980s, average global temperatures rose slightly. By 1998, another cooling period had set in. We are now in a phase of global cooling, not global warming.
6. 1934 was the hottest year in 120 years, followed by 1998, then 1921, 2006 and 1933. Three of the five hottest years in over a century were in the 1920s and 1930s, when man-made CO2 was not at current levels.
7. Warmer temperatures of cities compared to surrounding countryside have to do with land use (the presence of concrete, asphalt, glass and metal buildings) - not automobile exhaust, industry, or CO2.
8. The documentary, “An Inconvenient Truth” showed CO2 and temperature graphs that led audiences to believe that as CO2 rises, so do global temperatures. But when these graphs are juxtaposed instead of being separated, it is clear that temperature rises first and CO2 follows. In fact, temperature leads CO2 by about 600 years.
9. The warmer the ambient temperature, the more things grow. Plants and vegetation need CO2 to survive, and also release CO2. As oceans warm, they give off CO2. Thus, warmer gobal temperatures are followed by an increase in plant life and a rise in CO2.
10. Man-made global warming is said to be causing “climate change”. However, the earth’s climate is a natural and fluid aspect of its physics and environment. Climate is not static and will always be subject to variability.
Climate Science Resources
Read any of these books:
Red Hot Lies: How Global Warming Alarmists Use Threats. Fraud, and Deception to Keep You Misinformed
by Christopher Homer
Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1,500 Years by Fred Singer. PhD and Dennis Avery
Global Warming: False Alarm by Ralph Alexander. PhD
Climate Confusion: How Global Warming Hysteria Leads to Bad Science, Pandering Politicians and Misguided Policies that Hurt the Poor by Roy Spencer. PhD
Green Hell: How Environmentalists Plan to Ruin Your Life and What You Can Do to Stop Them by Steven Mitloy
The Green Wave: Environmentalism and Its Consequences by Bonner Cohen
The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming by Christopher Homer
Climate Change Reconsidered: The Report of the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change by Craig Idso. PhD and Fred Singer, PhD
See any of these videos:
Man-Made Warming: A Convenient Untruth (formerly
Global Warming or Global Governance)
Global Warming: Emerging Science and Understanding
The Great Global Warming Swindle
[YouTube - search mscoffman]
Visit any of these websites:
www.emergingscience.us www.warmingdvd.com www.petitionproject.com www.icecap.us www.junkscience.com www.scienceandpublicpolicy.org www.climatescienceinternational.org www.climatedata.info www.nocapandtrade.us www.worldclimatereport.com www.climateaudit.org www.climateresearchnews.com www.climatedepot.com www.wattsupwiththat.wordpress.com www.globalwarminghoax.com www.skepticsglobalwarming.com www.climaterealists.com www.globalwarmingheartland.org www.globalresearch.ca www,lavoisier.com,au
Order postcards at Avatar Products.com / WarmingDVD.com